Thursday, June 18, 2009

Waiting for tomorrow

What a crazy week this was. Nearly a week since my last post and so much to write. I did find my Flying Dog notes, but have not posted them. I never did rack the Chimay clone to secondary, but I hope to do it Saturday. There are others things to discuss like the new gravity measuring tool I bought off e-bay. There's the AHA conference on the left coast. Papazian is traveling through Holland discussing all manner of interesting beers. But who cares about all that? Tomorrow is Friday.

I sure some are wondering, "Yeah, so what?" So what? Tomorrow is Friday, the 19th of June, 2009!

"Again, so what?"

It is time for the Spring Beer Fest at Jungle Jim's! I will be there, with camera in tow. Last Saturday I was over there buying priming sugar and looking for Gypsum (they didn't have any of the latter) and an employee in the beer/wine section asked if I was bringing my better camera equipment this time. Yes, I am. Ok, the better stuff is not mine, but I am borrowing it.

Here is what I will have with me on Friday. My trust Nikon D80, my dad's Nikkor 18-70mm AF-S 2.5-4.5 G ED lens and the Sigma EF-500DG Super flash (my dad and brother split this). Yeah, the lens is a heavy beast and the flash is really made for the D70s, but I could not swing the SB-900 AF yet (ok Waxie, get some good plays out there, 6 bad months is enough) and the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD is still out of reach. After a few samples it may feel like I have a bowling ball around my neck, but at least I'll "look" a bit more professional. So, if you are there and I stop to take your picture, smile and give me a good pose. I'm not just some wack-o looking to take pictures. I'm some wack-o looking to record great memories. As with the pictures from the Stone tasting, if you want a print of some of them, let me know and I'll send them to your nearest Wallgreens.

Time to pack it in and get some good sleep in prep for tomorrow. It is going to be one crazy evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment