Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My APA and Samuel Smith's Old Brewery

My APA with it's 5.2% ABV and 110 IBU goodness was bottled last Saturday. It is starting to clear nicely, though some bottles have bits of hop floating in them. I will give it a few more days before trying a bottle. So far, looks good.

Sunday, a co-patroller gave me a bottle of Samuel Smith's Old Brewery Pale Ale. The color is a bit dark brown for a modern pale, but for the time, it was called a pale to distinguish it from a porter. The swell is a bit malty, but it is sour on the tongue and quite bitter after.

The characteristics get a bit more intense as it warms. The balance seems off and I don't like the effects. Perhaps I am too used to modern brews, but this is not one I'd have again. 6

No comments:

Post a Comment