Thursday, May 6, 2010

The latest of developments

Several weeks ago I noticed that Examiner.com did not have a Craft Beer Examiner for Cincinnati. I asked Charlie Papazian via Twitter about it and he sent my a link by which to apply. After a few rounds, I was accepted and now I have published my first two articles. Check it out, please.

I tested the latest stout. It is still a bit flat, but the flavor is getting better. I did have a moment when I thought perhaps I didn't use priming sugar, but I remember going to Jungle Jim's for it, so I'm sure it was just a paranoid moment. I shook some of the bottles up and I'll give it another week.

Friday is the Bell's Brewery tasting at Jungle Jim's. I'll be there, with homebrew in tow. The scuttlebutt is that Larry Bell will be in attendance. So, call and get on the list.

I've decided I will make my barley wine again this Saturday. I've converted the recipe to a partial mash. Picked up 10 pounds of pale 2 row today at Listermann's, along with 2 pounds of Crystal. My brother is stopping by Saturday to help. Maybe I'll be able to get some good pics of the event. Made the yeast starter tonight. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment