Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hop, hop, hop

The "Hops on the Ohio" fest has come and gone. It was quite an interesting fest too! Not only was being on the bridge unique, the warm temperatures and the direct sunlight played havoc on trying to get the beer (and cider) cool. Ice became a commodity, but those who attended enjoyed themselves.

Though I came being assigned to hand out beer, I did have my camera with me. I was first assigned to the Stone booth, but was soon switched to the cider booth next to the Hoperatives. I was able to sneak off from time to time to take some pictures. My brother also volunteered with me and after our shift was over, we walked the bridge and enjoyed some more samples. This also meant more pictures.

Due to my brother's surprise birthday party (yes, I was, in part, the much needed diversion), we had to leave at 7pm. At that point, the turnout had been light, too light. This also means we missed the tapping of Stone's 10-10-10 vertical keg at midnight. Oh how much fun that would have been.

All in all it was an enjoyable time. Perhaps had it been a little cooler the crowd would have been better. It was also a college football Saturday, so the crowd was getting larger once OSU's game was over. I've not yet heard on final figures, but I am hopeful for a good outcome.

Also see my Examiner articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment